Name:
Location: Bmore for the Moment, Maryland, United States

Friday, November 19, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

While reading the Financial Times in class yesterday, I happen to over hear the professor grumbling about how he believes the US dollar will weaken to 1.60 against the Euro by January. I recall he once said that until the Euro reaches 2.30, it will not be in equilibrium with the dollar. Therefore based on the regularity of his comments, I generally ignore him. Then what captured my immediate attention was the following comment "I believe the US economy has weakened and the only way the US can sustain economic growth is through war. The more war the better for the United States". So I say... who is this mad man and where does his rationality come from? No wonder the world thinks we're war mongers. I was shocked...does this man know how large of a deficit we're running. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I sometimes encounter young French people with a twisted perception of the States. Anyway, I’ve got to hope for a stronger dollar (not that I believe we’ll see relief anytime soon, GO EXPORTS!). But according to professor T (as we’ll call him) the dollar will hit 2 to 1 by the time I get back to the states. I better find a job that will pay me Euros…

bye


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home