Name:
Location: Bmore for the Moment, Maryland, United States

Friday, April 01, 2005

You Know You’re Working In A French Office When…

  • No doughnuts just croissants, no coffee mugs just oversized porcelain shot glasses, no paper weights just ashtrays.

  • You walk into the office the next day and your co-workers are wearing the same clothes they had on the day before.

  • The personwho is sitting at the desk to your left is about to light up a cigarette.

  • Its 8:30 in the morning and the only woman in your department is fetching coffee for all the men (oh so great!).

  • People are constantly saying to themselves “allez” and “bon” for no reason at all (“go” and “good”… I really enjoy this one because I really don’t get it and I don’t think I ever will).

  • The big talk of the week is not about the tremendously exciting Final Four but it’s about the upcoming PSG-OM match.

  • While in your first interview your soon to be boss offers you a cigarette because he feels like a cigarette and he’s about to light up.

  • Once someone enters a room, he or she must say “bonjour” to everyone and either shake hands or kiss them (I find this the most impressive and touching office trait. I started doing it my second day on the job. It just feels good).

  • And the best of all, every so often you’ll notice your coworker not showing up during the middle of the week to limit his or her working hours to 35. C’est Bon.

As more workism develop I will continue to post… It’s truly a wonderful atmosphere, especially with coffee girls and croissants. And I must admit, even I have the desire to complete the French trinity (The 3 C's) while working. Work while you have Coffee, a Croissant, and a Cigarette...How could work be anymore fun? We kid the French about work but they’re the ones who really know what's going on (pleasure + work = happiness). Viola.

The 3 C's, I think I'll pattent that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sanjiv Gajiwala said...

Excellent. You have made me want to work in france. The three C's have to be better than the 4 P's.
Glad you're keeping your wit about you.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home