Name:
Location: Bmore for the Moment, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An Editors Note

Friends, family, others... I feel miserable that I've neglected my creativity since April/May. In my defense my computer did break, causing a technological inaccessibility for about 2 months. But more so I was also going through a period of repatriation... (Repatriation is the reentry process that a person experiences when he or she reenters his or her respected "home" country). The first month was much more difficult than I thought. I don't think I can successfully describe my feelings at the time, being that I was not in the mood/state of mind to write or share my feelings. If you're familiar with the scene in the Wizard of OZ where the Wicked Witch of the West gets splashed with water, just replace my heart and soul melting with the Witch and you'll have a good idea how I felt upon my return. BUT that was then and this is now. I've returned and have been fortunate to have opportunities to share time with friends and family who I've longed to spend time with while I was away. For those of you who I've not seen since my return, I could be coming to a city near you (Especially if you're on the East Coast). Still looking for jobs, still up beat, and feeling well. I'm back and I'm free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh great, shitty feelings, something to look forward to... Well I am glad to hear you made it through repatriation.

But due to our experiences abroad we have a gained a different insight into how we and americans think, as well as the rest of the world.

cheers
the bitter redhead

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home