Name:
Location: Bmore for the Moment, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Return to LA-LA Land.

I'm back, safe and sound from my East Coast hiatus... or should it be... I'm returning to my West Coast hiatus. Either way I'm still living in my period of uncertainty. Oh how I've become accustomed to uncertainty. Well boys and girls, it's time to follow up on a few West Coast leads and we'll see where our sails take us. I must admit its nice to be back but oh how I think Dorothy had it right when she said "Toto, there's no place like home". Although it was nice flying into LAX at night yet again. I love seeing twinkling lights as far as the eye can see ( yes even at 20,000 feet and the only thing that breaks up the lights are the natural land masses of the mountains and the Pacific Ocean). Last night the visability was clear with a few clouds and the experience, as always, was breathtaking. This time probably more so than others because I had the audio accompaniment of Dean Martin's "Baby It's Cold Outside" and "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm". I think the music added a touch of refinement, which made the landing most pleasurable. Ahh what I wouldn't give to see LA and Southern California when there was actual land in between all the townships and cities that make up this seductress of a land mass.

Anyway getting off track at the moment... Sorry I was drifting from the important message of the story. Typically in the return trips of the past, I was always extremely excited to reintegrate into the madness of LA. But this time... not so much. What's missing you ask... I must have left part of my heart somewhere back on the East Coast. We will see how this trip pans out... looking for opportunities but by no means neglecting the opportunities that present themselves closer to home (Washington DC... How I miss you).

Ciao...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home